Nowadays, many people are saying that the common causes of heart disease is our lifestyle. We’ve listed here some of the things you should do to prevent having a heart disease.
- Don’t Smoke: Chemicals in tobacco or in cigarette can damage your heart and blood vessels, leading to narrowing of the arteries due to plaque buildup.
- Proper Exercise: Physical activity and having a proper exercise can help you control your weight and reduce your chances of developing other conditions that may put a strain on your heart, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
- Eat Healthy Food: Eating a healthy diet can reduce your risk of heart disease. Eat at least two or more servings a week of certain fish, such as salmon and tuna, may decrease your risk of heart disease.
- Drink Alcohol Moderately: At moderate level, alcohol may have a protective effect on your heart. Too much alcohol can become a health hazard.
- Get Enough Sleep: People who don't get enough sleep have a higher risk of obesity, high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes and depression.
- Manage Stress: Find alternative ways to manage your stress. You can do physical activity, relaxation exercises or meditation, it can help improve your health.
- Regular Check Up: It is recommended to have a regular check up with your doctor to monitor if your blood pressure and cholesterol are normal.
Source: Mayo Clinic