Apart from providing us with energy, breakfast foods are good sources of important nutrients such as calcium, iron and B vitamins as well as protein and fibre.
The body needs these essential nutrients and research shows that if these are missed at breakfast, they are less likely to be compensated for later in the day.
What's more amazing is when you burn fats while eating a certain breakfast food.
This recipe is not only delicious, but it is one of the most healthiest breakfasts as it contains enough minerals and vitamins which will improve the appearance of your hair, skin and most importantly, normalize the metabolism and strengthen the body.
- 5-7 fleshy plums
- 300 ml kefir (or low-fat yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons of oat flakes
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1. Drizzle around 100 ml boiling water on the dried plums. Cover and leave on for 10 to 15minutes.
2. On another bowl, combine cocoa, flaxseed and oat flakes.
3. Pour kefir over the dry ingredients and stir well. Set aside.
4. Chop the plums (or blend in a blender to a state of puree) and add to the previous mixture.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and store it in the fridge.
Remeber to prepare this healthy recipe in the evening for the next day.
You will be surprised how in just a month of eating it, you can lose 3 to 5 pounds, especially around the stomach area. If ever you may experience an “awkward” feeling in your stomach on the first day, just ignore it as it will eventually pass.
Eating a breakfast made with “slow-release” carbohydrates, such as oatmeal may help you burn more fat. This is because eating such foods will not spike blood sugar as high as eating refined carbohydrates. So in turn, insulin levels will not spike which will disable the body to store more fat.
Source: Super Tasty Recipes