Ginger is a super food. It has very strong anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Many people use it to improve digestion and immunity. It also relieve pain, fight cardiovascular diseases, asthma and many other health issues.
Surprisingly, ginger also has the ability of maintaining a healthy weight – particularly, with losing weight and losing belly fat.
Ginger for Weight Loss Research
According to the ancient practice of Ayurveda, drinking and eating ginger root can help your weight under control and research study has actually confirmed this too.
In a study published in the Journal of The Science and Food of Agriculture in 2014, researchers discovered that gingerol (a compound found in ginger) helps in losing weight after a 30-day supplements period. Improvements of blood sugar levels and leptin levels were also noted.
Leptin is a compound that contributes in feeling full and satisfied after a meal and currently covered in excellent information the value of leptin for weight reduction.
The scientists concluded that ginger supplements suppresses weight problems caused by a high fat diet and it might be a promising adjuvant therapy for the treatment of obesity and its complications.
How Ginger Assists Belly Fats Reduction
Ginger can also keep that pesky belly fat at bay. It can target the main reasons that belly fat builds up, such as overindulging, hormonal modifications and low energy leading to lack of workout.
Ginger helps you to feel full, so eating ginger or drinking ginger water can help suppress the urge to overeat.
Hormone changes and chronic stress can trigger spikes in levels of blood cortisol, which throws the body immune system and metabolism out of balance. Elevated levels of cortisol may contribute to weight gain, especially making it hard to lose belly fat.
Consuming ginger can assist bring the internal balance back in tune and promote wellness and weight-loss. Ginger’s sharp, unique taste can likewise assist naturally enhance your energy levels, both physically and mentally.
HOW TO USE GINGER FOR WEIGHT LOSS
If you want to use the healing powers of ginger to slim down, here’s what to do:
- Before eating, chew on a thin slice of ginger root. This will help you in managing metabolism, stimulating food digestion, reducing cortisol production and increasing energy.
- You can also grate a little piece of ginger and include a squeeze of lemon juice and a dash of salt, then blend the active ingredients. Eating a number of small pinches of this mixture before you eat each of your meals helps to manage hunger and food digestion.
- You can make this ginger lemon tea, as lemon can also aid weight loss and I have actually discussed it in my post on ways to use lemons to reduce weight.
- Don’t limit your ginger intake to before meals— use ginger as a spice in your cooking whenever you can to increase your ginger intake. Cooking ginger for a short period of up to 6 minutes actually enhances its health benefits.
GINGER TEA FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Another great way to obtain more ginger into your life is by making a delicious and energizing tea from ginger root. Drink this tea 2 or three times each day to obtain the most out of it. It’s tasty and not hard to make.
- Put 1 inch of grated fresh ginger root (or 1 tsp. of powdered ginger) into a heat-tolerant glass with a -cup capacity.
- Boil water and put over the ginger.
- Allow the grated root to high in the water for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain the root from the tea.
- Add a teaspoon or more of raw honey and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired. Honey and lemon have their own health advantages that can increase the potency of this fantastic tea.
Source: Holistic Living