Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like the eggplant decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality, diabetes, heart disease and promotes a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy and overall lower weight.
Here’s what the humble eggplant can do to help you live healthier:
- Regular consumption of eggplant helps prevent blood clots becuase of its highs Vitamin K and bioflavonoids contents which strengthen capillaries.
- The iron, calcium and other minerals in eggplant supply the essential nutrients required by the body.
- It's been used for controlling and managing diabetes, thanks to the high fiber and low soluble carbohydrate content of the eggplant.
- Eggplants can lower ‘bad’ cholesterol. But you must cook them the right way to get these benefits. Ibstead of frying, bake them.
- Eggplants contain certain essential phyto nutrients which improve blood circulation and nourish the brain. These nutrients are concentrated in the skin of the eggplant, so don’t throw it away.
- They provide fiber, which protects the digestive tract. In fact, regular intake of eggplants can protect you from colon cancer.
- Eggplant is low in calories, with just 35 per cup. It contains no fat and its high fiber content can help you feel full.
- Eggplants are high in bioflavonoids, which are known to control high blood pressure and relieve stress.
Source: Care 2