This massage technique is very easy and you can do it in a moment of anxiety any time any place.
This tapping manner works like combination of performance of acupressure and self-help psychology technique.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, there are 12 energy meridians in the body. By tapping those meridians, it can release the energy flow in the body, prevent blockages and restore balance to your body. It is good for the blood circulation, and all important bodily functions.
Self-talk to Express Feelings
An important part of EFT therapy is expressing the feeling manner. Verbally stating what is bothering you create an immediate release of tension in addition to the tapping.
Say what is causing your problem and then say something genuinely kind to yourself.
Here are the steps:
1. State the problem and tap your hand – begin by stating what is causing the distress. For example, “I am stressed out about my upcoming job interview, but I love and accept myself.”
While you state aloud your problem and self-love statement, use the fingers of one hand to repeatedly tap the outer fleshy edge of the opposite hand below your pinky finger. You can use as many fingers to tap as feels comfortable to you and either hand. Say your statement aloud at least three times while tapping.
2. Tap your eyebrow – tap the spot on the inner edge of your eyebrow, where the hair begins growing. You can do it on both sides of your head. While tapping, say something nice and tell how you feel. Spend about 10 seconds tapping each of the next several points on your body.
3. Tap the outer eye – tap the outer eye corner on the bone below your outer eyebrow hair. This can be on either side of your head. Again, say how you feel.
4. Tap the bone under your eye – tap your fingers under your eye on the bone, speaking honestly about your feelings. Keep tapping for 10 seconds.
5. Tap under your nose – tap under your nose and above your lip. Express more feelings while tapping for 10 seconds.
6. Tap your chin – tap below the bottom lip in the crease of your chin for 10 seconds while stating aloud your feelings.
7. Tap your collarbone – you can use either side of your body, tap your fingers against your collarbone for 10 seconds and say something else that you are feeling.
8. Tap your underarm – about two inches down from your armpit, tap your fingers and state your feelings.
9. Tap the crown of your head – tap your fingers one last time and say your feelings about what is causing you stress.
To see the actual method, watch the video HERE.