However, out of all of them most of us find farts to be the most hilarious. You can’t help but laugh when you hear or smell someone fart, but how much do we really know about farting?
There’s much more to it than making us laugh and feel embarrassed. Here are some things you should know about farts:
12 Incredible Facts You Never Knew About Farts
- Men fart more than women.
- The original meaning of fart if forth as “wind from the anus”. This word was coined in 1962.
- An average person farts around 14 times a day.
- Those 14 farts a day is enough to fill up a balloon.
- This is not something to get annoyed, as it means that you are healthy – A healthy digestive tract produces farts. If you are not farting at all, you should visit your doctor immediately.
- Farts are made up of hydrogen sulfide that reduces mitochondrial damage. Smelling farts can be healthy, so the next time you fart, take a nice deep breath.
- Female farts tend to be stinkier as females have a higher concentration of hydrogen sulfide. Female farts are healthier to smell.
- Farts go as fast as 10 ft/sec.
- If you have a very tight sphincter, you will produce louder farts as they have smaller tighter are to squeeze out from.
- Soda and gum make you fart more.
- Most of the farting happens at night when we sleep.
- Termites are animals, which produce the most fart. Zebras, camels, sheep, cows, elephants, and dogs (especially labs and retrievers) are the next most farting animals.