There are actually over 100 different types of arthritis that have been identified, but these are the two most commonly found types:
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) – This is the most common type of arthritis that causes inflammation and it predominantly affects the joints in the body. It is classified as an autoimmune disease and researchers are just beginning to understand it.
Osteoarthritis (OA) – This type of arthritis is most commonly associated with aging and it’s characterized by chronic inflammation of the joints.
The Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Arthritis
Apple cider vinegar has a pain-relieving effect that is advantageous for persons with arthritis looking for a natural way to find pain relief.
Part of the reason for ACV’s pain-relieving effects is its high acetic acid content, which can help to negate excessive acidity in the blood that can lead to inflammation. It turns to alkaline once ACV is metabolized in the body.
ACV is also rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the body from free radicals that can contribute to stiff, painful joints in people suffering from arthritis.
- ACV and Osteoarthritis
- ACV and Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you’re interested in trying an ACV based treatment for your own arthritis, here are a few recipes to try:
- Vinegar tonic
- Drink this mixture once per day to relieve arthritis pain.
The combination of ACV and honey has a number of health benefits and it also works for better joint health and joint pain alleviation—and the flavor is quite nice.
- Vinegar water
- You can add a honey (it has 13 health benefits) to sweeten the vinegar water.
- Vinegar with tart cherry juice
- Drink it once per day to get the one-two punch against arthritis pain from this synergistic mixture of two of nature’s anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Vinegar baths and spot soaks
- Soak the pained area for 30 or more minutes for pain relief.
- You can treat your whole body as well by adding 2 cups of ACV to a full tub of warm bathwater and soaking for a half an hour, massaging the muscles and joints during the soak.
Which ACV to Use for Treating Arthritis
Real ACV is made by fermenting pressed apple juice until the natural sugar turns into vinegar. The ACV you should use is the raw, organic, unfiltered, and unpasteurized kind of ACV. Not the refined kind.
A good quality kind of ACV contains the “mother” of vinegar, which is the cloudy stuff that sinks to the bottom of the bottle. This substance contains the beneficial enzymes, bacteria, pectin and trace minerals that makes ACV so good for you.
Raw unfiltered ACV can be purchased in some supermarkets, health food stores or online stores where you can purchase this Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. You can also make your own DIY apple cider vinegar.
Source: Healthy and Natural World