Nowadays, people all over the world enjoy mustard as a condiment. But it is actually a lot more than that – it is beneficial and remarkably rejuvenate the epidermis of any type of skin and can also help with various problems.
Benefits of Mustard
- Relieve chest congestion – It is perfect for loosening up the phlegm that can build up in your chest when you have a cold. Simply apply some to your chest and enjoy the warmth.
- Relax muscles – Muscle pain? Just rub some mustard on them and the warmth will help you to relax them.
- Soothe burns – If you accidentally burn yourself, just apply some mustard. This actually relieves the burning sensation even though you’d think that the spiciness would make it worse.
- Relieve a sore throat – Mix one tablespoon of mustard with some lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey, and a tablespoon of salt. Put the mix in a pot with some water and bring it to boil. Then let it cool. Gargling with this mixture can help to cure sore throat in just a few seconds.
- Neutralize strong odors – Mustard can help to get rid of unpleasant smells from containers, bottles, etc. Just put some mustard seeds in the bottle or container with the unpleasant smell and add some water. Then swish it around a few times and rinse it out.
- Conditioner – If your hair is dry and starting to get split ends, you can use mustard as a conditioner. After washing your hair, apply some mustard and let it sit for at least 8hours (try doing this method overnight by wearing a bathing cap to bed). In the morning, you can simply wash the mustard out and you’ll notice that your hair feels much better.
- Foot bath – Add some mustard to a bucket of warm water and enjoy a relaxing foot bath. Pain caused by too much walking or uncomfortable shoes will disappear. Moreover, if you’re feeling pain in your entire body, you can simply add 2/3 of a cup of mustard to a full bathtub. Enjoy a good soak for at least 15 minutes and you’ll feel your pain melt away!