But those who were not blessed with straight hair often turn to chemical treatments. Having your hair done permanently straight at the salon, will not last long and often damages the hair because of the chemicals used.
So, the better option is going natural to achieve straight hair without damaging it.
The only ingredients needed are the ones you can find at home – coconut milk and lemon juice. These are the safest bet because these ingredients do not cause any side effects.
Coconut milk is believed to help straighten hair. It has a moisturizing ability and also gives your hair a beautiful shine and luster. In addition, it has all the benefits of being antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral to keep your scalp infection free.
- In a glass jar, mix one cup of fresh coconut milk and the juice of one lemon.
- Place the glass jar in the refrigerator for a few hours, until there is a creamy layer on the top.
- Massage your hair and scalp with this cream, and then leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Cover your head with a shower cap or swimming cap and wrap a warm moist towel around the cap.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then shampoo and condition your hair.
- Comb your hair when it is still wet and allow it to air dry.