Many people suffer from dark skin areas and this is a normal phenomenon.
Acanthosis nigricans is the pigmentation of the skin caused by sun exposure and aging. In addition, the neck, armpits, knees and elbows area don’t have oil glands so the skin is prone to drying.
For example, the underarm is dark because of chemicals in antiperspirant deodorant and the use of shaving too, is a factor. And without proper skincare the dark skinned areas will definitely get worse.
Fortunately, we have the solution for these dark pigmented areas!
** Chickpea mask - It brightens skin and leaves it soft.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tbsp. chickpea flour, 1 tbsp. yogurt and 1 pinch turmeric.
- Mix all and stir to make even.
- Leave for an hour and wash off.
- Use daily then only twice weekly.
** Cucumber - This veggie lightens skin. It is like lemon and you can mix it with lemon. But, cucumber also soothes and cools the skin.
- Mix the juice with lime and turmeric.
- The lemon removes dead cells, cucumber cools and turmeric removes stain.
- Use circles of this veggie for rubbing or the juice for massage.
For the Neck
** Baking Soda - It exfoliates and cleans the skin. It erases even freckles.
- Mixed with water is like a paste and whitens the neck too.
- Mix 3 parts soda and 1 part water; apply on the neck and wait to dry.
- After a few minutes, rinse and repeat twice weekly.
** Potato - They are crystalline in content and contain catecholase that lightens skin.
- Grind them and put the juice in the area.
- Wash with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Or mix lemon or potato juice and after 15 minutes rinse with cold water.
- Do this daily even for acne scars.
** Aloe Vera - This nourishes skin like a good cream and lightens it. It will erase spots and dark areas and repair skin all over.
- Just apply it and wait 20 minutes before rinsing.
- Do it daily.
For Knees and Elbows
** Milk - It has fat acids and vitamins that soothe the skin. Blended with curb intensifies the effect.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp. milk, 1 tbsp. curb and 1 tbsp. flour.
- Blend these to make a paste and after 15 minutes wash it off.
** Sugar - For evening out the skin and removal of dead skin cells use as scrub.
- Mix some parts with olive oil and sugar for a paste.
- Massage and after some time wash off and do this daily.
** Almond - The nuts and its oil are great for the skin. They have nutrients that keep the skin healthy.
- Massage with warm oil for 5 minutes daily before sleeping and do this for a few days.
- Or blend 2 tbsp. powder almonds with yogurt and use as paste for the skin.
- After is dry, with wet fingers dry it off.
- Wash with cold water and do it daily for 14 days.
** Lemon - It peels and gives Vitamin C, this removes dead cells and evens out the new skin cells.
- Put it on the skin wash off after 20 minutes.
- Then apply cream. Or mix the juice with honey and repeat this.
Source: Minion Scoop