Even if you don't have a baby at home, you should always keep baby powder everywhere you go and at home. Here are 11 surprising reasons why:
1. Dry shampoo. A mixture of 1/4 cup baby powder and 1/4 cup baking soda to clean greasy hair. Massage the DIY dry shampoo into your hair and let it soak in for a few minutes. Bush thoroughly and be on your day!
2. Deodorant. Replace your regular deodorant with baby powder. The powder absorbs sweat and prevents stink. It is also useful for eliminating odor from shoes. Fill sneakers with baby powder and let them sit overnight. Dump in the morning and wear afresh.
3. Ant repellent. Ant problem? Sprinkling baby powder around windows and doors to create a barrier that ant will not cross.
4. Jewelry de-tangler. Few things are as frustrating as untangling jewelry. Luckily, Life as Mama has the hack you need. Simply sprinkle baby powder on the knot to make it easier to loosen and untangle.
5. Sand remover. A day at the beach is only fun while at the beach. Prevent the beach from coming home with you by sprinkling baby powder on your feet and other sandy spots. Life as Mama says when you brush off again, the sand will fall off together with the baby powder.
6. Summer sheets coolant. This summer, Life As Mama says to sprinkle your sheets with baby powder to keep them cool through the night. This trick also helps absorb sweat so you don't wake up drenched.
7. Playing cards freshener. Sometimes playing cards can look and feel horribly dingy. Follow the advice of Fabulessly Frugal and stick them in a plastic bag with baby powder. Shake and remove. You'll be surprised to find the cards are smooth to the touch.
8. Rubber glove lubricant. To make putting on rubber gloves easier, sprinkle your hands with baby powder, as suggested by Fabulessly Frugal.
9. Flower protectant. Gardeners should know this hack from Tips Bulletin. Sprinkle baby powder onto bulbs and roots of flowers before planting them. This will prevent the flowers from rotting. It also works as an effective all-natural pesticide.
10. Grease stain remover. One of the best methods for removing grease stains is sprinkling baby powder onto the spot and then dabbing it with a cotton ball. Tips Bulletin says to continue dabbing until the stain disappears.
11. Pre-waxing treatment. To prevent pain while waxing, first sprinkle the area with baby powder. Tips Bulletin says this hack creates a protective layer that minimizes pain and irritation.
Now that you know its usefulness, be sure to carry it wherever you go and don’t be afraid to use it. But, in a case of an allergic reaction, stop using it immediately and consult a doctor.
Source: Pinoy Health Tips