But, in order to enjoy this food, you need to check if it’s pure honey or not. Luckily, there are simple ways to know and some of these tests do not actually need a lot of work for you.
- The Thumb Test
1. Take some amount of honey and place it on your thumb.
2. Figure out if the small amount of honey begins to spread around or it tips from your thumb.
3. If it does, then you do not have pure honey because pure honey will not move or at least stay in one piece.
- The Water Test
1. Fill a glass of water.
2. Take a tbsp. of honey and put it in a glass of water.
3. If the honey dissolves, it is not a pure honey.
Artificial honey will quickly dissolve in water and It will also spread around the container.
While pure honey will stay at the bottom of the glass.
You may be wondering or curious why it is really necessary to know whether the honey is pure or not.
Honey should come from bees and not from factories. Pure and real honey is organic and natural but fake honey contains other substances in it which includes the following:
• Invert sugar
• Sugar syrup
• Corn syrup
• Flour starch
Source: Read and Digest