Both aloe vera and coconut oil are excellent moisturizing agents. Combining these two moisturizing ingredients creates a powerful moisturizing product that helps in providing fast relief from dry skin and can treat skin dryness associated with disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
Coconut oil is super-moisturizing. It penetrates deep into the skin to keep it soft and supple. Packed with antioxidants, it also helps fight free radicals and slows skin aging. Plus, it has antifungal and antibacterial properties that help fight microbial infections.
Aloe vera gel is also soothing for your skin. It keeps your skin firm and hydrated. Being rich in vitamins and minerals, particularly the antioxidant vitamin E, it rejuvenates your skin and induces cell regeneration. It is also good for healing sunburned skin and fading skin spots.
Try this home-made lotion that can make blemishes and acne scars disappears in no time. It will also soothe your skin to become more hydrated and radiant.
- 1/2 cup organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure aloe vera gel (use pure organic and cold pressed aloe vera gel like this one)
- A few drops of essential oils of your choice (likelavender ,jasmine, rose, vanilla).
1. Mix the coconut oil and aloe vera in a bowl
2. Whisk the mixture using an electric or hand whisker for 5 to 10 minutes until whipped into a light, fluffy and airy consistency.
3. If you’re going to add essential oils, do so at the time when you whisk the mixture.
4. Transfer the whipped mixture into a glass container and store at room temperature. Store it in the refrigerator if your house warm enough to cause the oil to melt.
The lotion will last for several weeks.
How To Use The Healing Lotion
Use it like any other moisturizing lotion and apply it all over your body. This lotion is most effective when applied while your skin is still wet after bathing. It can also work well as a -up remover.
Source: Healthy Natural World