Monday, July 24, 2017

Reheating Rice Could Lead To Deadly Food Poisoning, Know Why - MUST READ!


Did you know that you could get food poisoning from eating reheated rice?

Actually the reheating is not the problem – it's the way the rice has been stored before reheating.

Uncooked rice can contain spores of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. And reheating it, won't get rid of these poisons.
Loading...

So if the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will multiply and may produce poisons that cause vomiting or diarrhea.

Therefore, the longer cooked rice is left in your dining table, the more likely it is that poisons produced could stop the rice being safe to eat.

It is still best to serve rice when it has just been cooked. If that isn't possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible or within one hour. Keep it in the fridge for no more than one day until reheating.