Sometimes changes that seem normal can be signs of cancer. And women are usually more prone to this deadly disease than men. This is because their bodies are always changing.
Though their are several tests like pap smears and mammograms, these alone won't protect you from cancer.
Although many of these symptoms could be caused by less serious conditions, they're worth getting checked out if they persist.
Here are 20 important signs that women often overlook:
1. Wheezing and shortness of breath. - Lung Cancer
2. Chronic cough and chest pain - Leukemia, Lung Cancer
3. Frequent fever and infection - Leukemia
4. Difficulty swallowing - Esophageal or Throat cancer
5 .Swollen lymph nodes or lumps on the neck, underarm or groin - Any
6. Excessive bruising and bleeding that does not stop - Leukemia
7. Weakness and fatigue - Any
8. Bloating or abdominal weight gain - Ovarian cancer
9. Feeling of fullness and being unable to eat - Ovarian Cancer
10. Pelvic and abdominal pain - Ovarian Cancer, Leukemia.
11. Rectal bleeding or bloody stool - Colo-rectal cancer.
12. Unexplained weight loss - Colon Cancer or other Digestive Cancer
13. Upset stomach and stomach ache - Colo-rectal cancer
14. Red, sore, and swollen breast - Breast Cancer
15. N.ipple changes - Breast Cancer
16. Unusually heavy and painful periods, or bleeding between periods - Endometrial or Uterine Cancer
17. Swollen features on the face - Lung Cancer
18. Sores or skin lumps that do not heal, create a crust and bleed easily - Melanoma or Skin Cancer
19. Changes in nails - Liver Cancer
20. Pain in the back and in the lower right side - Liver Cancer