Eating certain foods that contains toxic chemicals can cause various chronic diseases as well as cancer, which could kill you over time. Did you know that there are some foods that could kill you in minutes?
These are 16 foods you didn’t know could kill you:
1. Mushroom: Not every mushroom is created equal. Cremini mushrooms might make perfect pasta toppers, but some species contain poisons that can kill.
2. Rhubarb Leaves: Rhubarb leaves are poisonous, causing breathing trouble, seizures, kidney failure, and in some cases, death.
3. Shellfish: A severe allergic reaction to shellfish can inhibit breathing and even be life-threatening.
4. Raw Meat and Uncooked Eggs: Raw meat, poultry, and seafood, and uncooked eggs can contain salmonella bacteria, which can cause gastroenteritis in humans. Salmonella poisoning can also lead to serious problems.
5. Stone Fruit Seeds and Apple Seeds: They contain amygdalin, a compound that produces cyanide. Large doses can lead to dizziness and vomiting, increased blood pressure, kidney failure, coma, and even death.
6. Castor Oil: Castor oil is loaded with the poison ricin. Make sure the beans your castor oil was made from adhere to all safety guidelines.
7. Ackee: This fruit needs to ripen fully, as it contains toxins that can lead to death.
8. Live Octopus: The live octopus can get stuck to your throat if you don't chew thoroughly.
9. Elderberry: The elderberry plant, used in medicinal syrups, sodas, and liquors, can cause a severely upset stomach, so stay away from the stems and leaves.
10. Hot Dogs: This is the leading cause of choking fatalities among children, so watch your little ones when they scarf them down.
11. Almonds: These seeds may pack in many health benefits, but they are also potentially full of poison. Bitter almonds, while in their raw form, are full of cynaide.
12. Cherries: Cherry seeds contain poisonous hydrogen cyanide.
13. Potatoes: Potatoes have poisonous stems and leaves, but even so, potato poisoning is rare.
14. Peanuts: One of the most common allergies is to peanuts. The most severe response is anaphylaxis, which can lead to severe constriction of the airways, shock, and even loss of consciousness.
15. Tomatoes: Tomatoes contains poison, glycoalkaloid, in its leaves, which is known for causing upset stomachs, severe cramping, and anxiety.
16. Fugu (Puffer Fish): The puffer fish's skin and certain organs contain an extremely poisonous toxin that can paralyze a human and even cause death.