It can be hard to stay healthy during winter – particularly if you’re doing everything wrong.
It’s true that food can do much more than provide energy. And when you’re sick, eating the right foods is more important than ever.
Certain foods have powerful properties that can support your body while it’s fighting an illness. They may relieve certain symptoms and even help you heal more quickly.
Foods to Avoid When You Have A Cold
- Spicy and Acidic Foods
- Fatty Foods
- Dairy (maybe)
Best Foods for Cold-Like Symptoms
The best way to kick a cold is to drink plenty of fluids and eat phlegm-fighting foods. Here are some of the best ones to pick.
- Broth-Based Soup/Chicken Soup
- Hot Tea
- Citrus Fruits
Things you shouldn’t do when you have a cold
- Don’t stay indoors all the time
- Don’t keep your house closed up too tightly
- Don’t go to work when you are sick
- Don’t bury yourself in blankets
- Stop relying on hand sanitizer to keep you well.