Energy-saving light bulbs are replacing incandescent bulbs around the world. The higher initial purchase price is purportedly offset by long life and lower power consumption.
However, these new energy efficient light bulbs – called compact fluorescent lights (CFL) – are a danger to the public. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), emergency procedures must be followed in the event a light bulb breaks, due to the vapours it will release. But, according to new research, that may be the least of our worries.
Many countries have been able to spot all kind of dangers to this type of lighting including reporting that the radiation directly can attack the immune system and damage the skin enough so it can’t properly produce vitamin D3.
|Energy-Saving Light Bulbs|
If broken indoors, these light bulbs release 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into the air, according to a study conducted by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency.
Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:
- Cluster headaches
- Inability to concentrate
1. Energy saving bulbs contain mercury.
Mercury ia a potent neurotoxin that is especially dangerous to children and pregnant women. It is especially toxic to the brain, the nervous system, the liver and the kidneys. It can also damage the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems. It can lead lead to tremors, anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer’s .
2. Energy saving bulbs can cause cancer.
A new study performed by by Peter Braun at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory found these light bulbs contain poisonous carcinogens that could cause cancer:
* Phenol, a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture.
* Naphthalene, a volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture
Source: David Wolfe