This super healthy vegetable called “Beets” have a powerful medicinal properties used against numerous diseases and ailments.
Here’s the benefits of this superfood:
- The anthocyanins, which give them the red color, have strong anti-cancer properties.
- They are high in antioxidants.
- Beets boost blood flow, regulate cholesterol levels, and support the healthy liver function.
- Beets fight anemia and detox the body. They also decelerate aging and protect blood vessels.
- Betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory, also supports heart health.
- Cellulos pectin, a special type of fiber which boosts digestion.
- Endurance, stamina, and performance can all be improved with a higher beet diet.
- Beets also contain important vitamins and minerals including vitamins B1, B2, B12, and C, copper, magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and iodine.
You can consume beets raw, juiced, cooked, or baked. Moreover, you can also cook the leaves for an added potassium boost.
Source: Organic and Healthy