Fish oil comes from the tissues of oily fish. The best sources are cold-water, fatty fish.
When it comes to human consumption of fish oil, you can get it from fish themselves or from a fish oil supplement.
Most of the fish oil benefits are because it’s one of nature’s richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids like Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Other useful essential fatty acids in fish oil include Alpha-linolenic acid or ALA and Gamma-linolenic acid or GLA.
Fish Oil Health Effects
- Decreases the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Reduce symptoms of depression, hypertension, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), joint pain, arthritis and chronic skin ailments like eczema.
- Aids the body in weight loss, fertility, pregnancy and increased energy.
- Prescription fish oil has even been approved to lower unhealthy high triglyceride levels.
- Fish oil contains a lot of vitamin A and D, which can improve the growth of cells in the skin and mucous membranes. Women should take this regularly for these vitamins make the oil great for the skin, hair and nails.
Homemade Fish Oil Mask Do Wonders For Your Face
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fish oil and honey, then apply the mask on your face and leave it to work for 5 minutes before rinsing with cold chamomile tea.
- Leave the skin to dry afterwards, and repeat the process every couple of days for best results.
Fish oil can also be taken by mouth for weight loss, exercise performance and muscle strength, muscle soreness after exercise. According to an Australian study, people who take 6 gr. of fish oil per day and spend 45 minute exercising have much better lipid profile than those who don’t.
Fish oil capsules should always be consumed per instruction – take 1-2 capsules 2-3 times a day with meals, and continue the treatment for up to a month. Taking the fish oil on an empty stomach can cause digestive disorders, so always take it with meals
WARNING: Never take the oil with multivitamins for it will cause health complications. Include fish such as salmon in your daily diet. This fish is a natural omega-3 source that can significantly improve your health.
Source: Go Healthy Food