Most of us think that soy milk is much better and healthier than regular milk, and many nutritionists recommend it to be consumed regularly, which is not good for you.
According to some studies, soy milk can have a harmful effect on our overall health, but besides these discoveries, people in U.S keep drinking soy milk and eating soy, thinking these products are healthy and nutritious.
Here’s Why You Should Avoid Soy Milk
- The content of soybeans includes substance that causes clots, known as hemagglutinin. However, the result of this can be clumped red blood cells.
- Another component of this plant is phytoestrogens (plant estrogen), which inhibits the endocrine function and has been associated with female infertility and breast cancer.
- Soy foods contain a huge amount of toxic aluminum, which damage the nervous system and kidneys, and has been related to development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Soybeans are loaded with anti-nutrients, natural toxins, and consuming only 2 glasses of soy milk daily can have adverse effects on the menstrual cycle.
- The production process involves high temperatures in order to get soy protein isolate and textured soy protein out of delicate soy proteins, which can severely harm your health.
- According to studies, the consumption of soy increases the need of vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- Soy is loaded with toxic isoflavones, like genistein and daidzein, which can support the growth of breast cancer, so it is particularly dangerous for breast cancer sufferers.
- Soy is one of the most pesticide contaminated food – 99% of it is GMO.
- Soy contains a compound that resembles vitamin B12. But, the body can’t process this compound, and consuming soy food can cause vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Soy and soy products are loaded with phytic acid, which inhibits the digestion of iron, copper, calcium, zinc, and magnesium.
The Dangers of Carrageenan Present in Soy Milk
According to some studies, the food-grade carrageenan in soy milk is able to cause ulceration, colon cancer, gastrointestinal inflammation, and lesions in lab rats, and this is quite alarming.
Moreover, the American Diabetes Association explains that a new research has shown a connection between insulin and glucose resistance in lab rats and the use of food-grade carrageenan.
The above mentioned facts should be enough for you to realize that soy and soy products are extremely harmful to your overall health.
Source: Health and Love Page