Lack of sleep can lead to numerous dangerous consequences when it come to your physical health. Many people suffer from having an insufficient sleep at night because of stress from their work or from their problems in life.
However, it is very important to sleep because your body is busy tending to your physical and mental health and getting you ready for another day.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults should get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night to feel alert and well rested.
Here are 10 dangerous side effects of not getting enough sleep.
1. Affects Your Memory and Brain: Proper sleep plays an important role in thinking and learning.
2. Bad For Your Heart: Sleep deprivation can puts you at a higher risk for cardiovascular disease.
4. Gaining Weight: According to researchers, people who sleep less than seven hours a day are 30% more likely to be obese than those who get nine hours of sleep or more.
5. Weakens Your Immunity: It can also damage your immune system, which is designed to protect you from any infections like common cold, flu and other sickness.
6. Damage Your Skin: One night of poor sleep can cause puffy eyes, dark circles under the eyes, and sallow skin instantly.
7. Increase The Risk Of Diabetes: Long-term sleep deprivation raises your risk of developing chronic diseases, including diabetes.
8. Leads To Early Death: Sleep is a fundamental thing that is needed by a human being, its just like breathing. People who do not get enough sleep on a regular basis, they have a higher mortality rate of dying early, than those who always get enough sleep.
9. May Cause Accidents: Drowsy driving, the dangerous combination of sleepiness and driving while fatigued, can lead to accidents on the road.
10. Kills Bedroom Ability: Lack of sleep has a direct impact to a person’s energy level and can lead to a high tension, which indirectly affects your libido and this can affect both men and women.
Source: Top 10 Home Remedies